travelling switzerland for 4 days want to know about swiss travel pass.
we are planning to a trip to europe for 11 days and we'll be reaching switzerland on 7th of april from paris and our itinerary is as below:
DAY 1( 7th april 2017)- we'll be inn Zurich and planning to visit Rhine Falls , Uteliberg and local zurich city.
DAY 2( 8th april) - lucerne - here we have planned for mount titlis , lake lucerne and local sites in lucerne.
DAY 3( 9th april)- INTERLAKEN - here we'll visit schillthorn , spiez , and one of the two lakes (lake thun or lake brienz).
DAY 4( 10th april)- we are planning for the GLACIER EXPRESS.
We are buying SWISS TRAVEL PASS for 4 days so i want to clear few doubts regarding this:
1) whether all these above mentioned places of my itinerary are fully covered under swiss pass ??
2) as we are two people travelling together and I read somwhere that there is some discount on the swiss travel pass for 2 or more people travelling together. If yes then what is the discout and from where we can get information about that ???
3)Also for traveliing to TITLIS and SCHILTHORN we have to cover some part of the route via CABLE CAR but I couldn't get any information regarding the fares and also if they are functional during this time of the year???
4) Lastly, we'll be leaving for MILAN , ITALY on 10th april so as we are travelling glacier express on that day , can we deboard the train at ANDERMATT and leave for LUGANO from there and will there be any extra charges for that or it will be covered in SWISS PASS..???
Thanks for the question.
As per your Itinerary it is best to purchase Swiss Travel Pass.
To purchase Swiss Travel Pass click "Here".
With a Swiss Travel Pass you will avail passholder fares from Paris to Zurich only on direct TGV Lyria train for which you will need to purchase seat reservations with a Pass.
Swiss Travel Pass Details –
Children below 16 years are free if accompanied by at least one parent having a Swiss Pass. We issue a Swiss family card for children.
With a Swiss Travel Pass you can travel free within Switzerland on the STS (Swiss Travel System) network on trains, buses and boats. Also with a Swiss Pass you would get discounts on mountain excursions within Switzerland. These discounts can only be availed locally by showing your Swiss Pass to the ticketing office in Switzerland.
With a Swiss Travel Pass you can travel free on intercity trains within Switzerland. You will require compulsory seat reservations on Scenic trains.
1) With a Swiss Travel Pass you can travel on all the trains except scenic trains and mountain trains where you will need compulsory seat reservations.
2) Swiss Travel Pass doesn't have saver discount for 2 to 5 passengers traveling together.
3) You will avail discount on Cable Car with a Swiss Travel Pass which you will need to check locally at the train station as it is not bookable with us.
4) The route for Glacier Express is Zermatt > Visp > Brig > Andermatt > Disentis > Chur > Davos/St. Moritz. As it is a scenic train you will need compulsory seat reservations with a Pass for the entire route. You can drop an email at "firstname.lastname@example.org" and our team will make an Offline seat reservation for you. However, if you wish to travel from Zermatt to Andermatt, there are regional trains for this route and not Glacier Express train as it is a short route, which you can travel with your Pass. There are regional trains from Andermatt to Lugano as well where you can travel with your Pass.
As you will be traveling to Milan, you will need to purchase point to point ticket from Lugano to Milan.
- Lugano to Milan - Eurocities train.
In order to book tickets, please visit our website.
You would need to feed in the Departure city and the Arrival city along with the travel date and preferred time & the number of passengers (Senior, adults, youth and children), and then click on “search tickets”. Once you do so, you would find the schedules along with the fares. You need to select the fare which is preferable to you and then add it to Cart. Once added, you need to mention the names of the passengers to make the payment on the next page.
Hope this helps!!!
Leora, Rail Europe Travel Expert.
By posting a question, you agree to our terms and conditions. You agree not to post any User Generated Content which is: false, misleading, confidential, abusive, defamatory, obscene, invasive to another person's privacy and racially objectionable. Any infringement will result in the removal of your post.