Rail Europe

Travel Expert

Statistics

Comments
Views
votes

Train Journey from London, UK to Zakopane, Poland in August 2018

Hello all!

PLEASE HELP! Im finding searching this train journey on the web tricky so expert help would be much appreciated!

Firstly - I dont fly - its a fear im not getting over any time soon, so I have to do long journeys by train.

In August 2018 my girlfriends mother is getting married and being Polish she is keen to have the wedding there (Zakopane to be exact). We need to find the easiest way by train to get from London, England to Zakopane, Poland...

London to Paris is simple by my favourite - the Eurostar! Then it seems to get more tricky...

Paris seems to have reasonably good train links through Germany into Poland, then from what i can gather it looks like a change at Warsaw. This wont all happen in 2-3 hours of course and I realise we are looking at 24 hours + in trains, so would be nice if anyone knew of trins on this route with cabins perhaps?

As above, all help will be appreciated!!

If dates are important, the wedding is Saturday August 25th 2018. At the moment our plan is to start travelling on Thursday 23rd August from London. The return journey will either from the evening of Sunday 26th August or morning of Monday 27th August 2018.

Official Answer
photo Travel Expert
Rail Europe Posted 6 months ago

Hello James,

Thanks for the question.

As there are no direct trains, You can break and book your travel as below :

- London to Paris - Eurostar train.

- Paris to Krakow via 2 change at Frankfurt and Vienna - France Spain high speed train, ICE and Euronight train.

- Krakow to Zakopane - Intercity train.

There are double sleeper cabin for Euronight train for the route Vienna to Krakow. You can check and book with the details mentioned under the "Fare Details" tab.

In order to book tickets, please visit our website.

You would need to feed in the Departure city and the Arrival city along with the travel date and preferred time & the number of passengers (Senior, adults, youth and children), and then click on “search tickets”. Once you do so, you would find the schedules along with the fares. You need to select the fare which is preferable to you and then add it to Cart. Once added, you need to mention the names of the passengers to make the payment on the next page.

Hope this helps!!!

Best Regards,

Amar, Rail Europe Travel Expert.

Leave comment

photo

Attach files...

The file must be a jpg, gif, png, bmp, ico, pdf, doc, rtf, txt, zip or rar no more than 8M

By posting a question, you agree to our terms and conditions. You agree not to post any User Generated Content which is: false, misleading, confidential, abusive, defamatory, obscene, invasive to another person's privacy and racially objectionable. Any infringement will result in the removal of your post.