Rail Europe

Travel Expert

Statistics

Comments
Views

Tags

votes

Rome to Sicily on June 2018

We have 4 people and we will take the night train from Rome to Catania on 18 June.

We bought a Eurail select pass with 4 countries including Italy so we would like to reserve 1st class seat.

Now there is no option for night train on 18 June for 1st class seat reservation.

However, there is night train only on 17 and 19 June.

Also, for 2nd class, there is option for night train. However, the system does not allow me to buy the reserve ticket. It shows the sentence below.

"The fare you selected cannot be confirmed with the train operator. Please search again and select another fare or train. We apologize for the inconvenience caused."

Is there any problem for the system? Or the tickets for night train are sold out?

Official Answer
photo Travel Expert
Rail Europe Posted 1 year ago

Hello Tiffany,

Thanks for the question.

We are able to view seat reservations for night trains from Rome to Catania for 18th June for 1st class.

Request you to kindly use Google Chrome while making a booking on the website as Google Chrome is more compatible while booking on the website.

Kindly delete your browsing history and clear cache and make a booking on the website.

Keep in mind that seat reservations would be mandatory for all High-Speed, Night, Scenic and Border Crossing trains. But, you will receive pass holder/discounted fares for these journeys with the pass. With a Pass you can travel on regional/intercity trains within a country.

Kindly note that pass seats can be reserved by clicking on "I have a rail Pass" on the home page of our website under "Book Train tickets" & then select the name of the pass and feed in the Departure city and the Arrival city along with the travel date and preferred time & the number of passengers (Senior, adults, youth and children), and then click on "Search". Once you do so, you would find the schedules along with the fares.

If you are still unable to view the schedule, you can get back to us and we will check regarding the same.

Hope this helps!!!

Kind Regards,

Leora, Rail Europe Travel Expert.

Add Comment

Comments (3)

photo

I tried to search the night train from Rome to Catania on 18th June.

The screenshot is shown below and it shows there is no night train option even though I selected 18h for the time.

photo

Also, I tried to chose the 2nd class option and the system seems not to work.

the screenshot is shown below.

photo Travel Expert

Hi Tiffany,

Thanks for your reply.

Please send an email on the below email id. Our team will check for booking and assist you further as you are receiving this error message.

contact-us@raileurope.hk

Hope this helps!!!

Kind Regards,

Leora, Rail Europe Travel Expert.

Leave comment

photo

Attach files...

The file must be a jpg, gif, png, bmp, ico, pdf, doc, rtf, txt, zip or rar no more than 8M

By posting a question, you agree to our terms and conditions. You agree not to post any User Generated Content which is: false, misleading, confidential, abusive, defamatory, obscene, invasive to another person's privacy and racially objectionable. Any infringement will result in the removal of your post.