Regrading about Global Pass
Hi, I would like to ask about the Global pass in more detail.
Here's my question:
1. If I am purchasing a "15 days within 2 month" Pass. Does that mean I have to use the pass in 15 days(continuously) after I use the pass on the first day of within 2 month? or it allow me to use it on different 15 days within 2 month?
2. If i did purchase the global pass or any other passes, in order to have my tickets ready. Do i need to do it on the Train station? or i can just do it online for reservation? &
Do i really Need to print the tickets out? If yes, can i print it in advance from my home or do it on the train station?
3. If i purchase the Global pass, Does the Global pass included all the other different Train without extra charges? "All trains that travel internationally, night trains, scenic trains and high speed trains will require reservations" as you reply in other question. By "it require reservation", does that mean I just need do an advance reservation for the scenic trains with my global pass will do? without extra charges? Or there are some exception Train that is not included?
4. Regrading the Overnight in the Train. How does it works? I did read some of the question as well, some does need reservation for it, some doesn't? This question hope you can provide more detail about everything of Overnight on Train.
5. I am under 27 years old. Does that mean I can get some discount? As is see there is a discount for youth below 27 years old. & what is the discount for it?
Thanks for the question.
1) The Pass is a flexible Pass, which means you can travel any 15 days in the 2 month period as the month starts from the first day you travel with the pass wherein you need to validate/stamp the pass.
2) With the pass you need to make seat reservation for all High-Speed, Night, Scenic and Border Crossing trains. But, you will avail pass holder/discounted fares for these journeys with the pass. Seat Reservation cost extra. Seat Reservations are paper ticket and will be delivered to the address. If you wish to purchase the seat reservation during your travel, you will need to purchase at the train station, it will be subject to availability.
3) Seat reservation for all High-Speed, Night, Scenic and Border Crossing trains. But, you will avail pass holder/discounted fares for these journeys with the pass. Seat Reservation cost extra. You can follow the below procedure to book seat reservation.
In order to book seat reservations, please visit our website.
The pass seats can be reserved by clicking on “Seat Reservations” & feed in the Departure city and the Arrival city along with the travel date and preferred time & the number of passengers (Senior, adults, youth and children), and then click on “search tickets”. Once you do so, you would find the schedules along with the fares.
Please click on the “Fare Details” tab to view details regarding the type of fare, type of seat, whether a reservation is included or not and the After Sales Policy.
4) As mentioned above seat reservation is mandatory for over night train, if there are night trains for the sector your are travelling you will need to purchase seat reservation.
5) Youth discount is for the age group 12 to 27. If you are below 28 years you can purchase the youth pass which is discounted.
Hope this helps!!!
Amar, Rail Europe Travel Expert.
By posting a question, you agree to our terms and conditions. You agree not to post any User Generated Content which is: false, misleading, confidential, abusive, defamatory, obscene, invasive to another person's privacy and racially objectionable. Any infringement will result in the removal of your post.