- Hi, I am looking to buy France-Switzerland travel pass, pls confirm following
. will this pass make me eligible for cable car ride from Engelberg-Mt.titlis?
.will this pass make me eligible on Jungfrau route?
. can i use it for unlimited travel in Switzerland?
Thanks for the question.
With the Eurail France-Switzerland Pass, you can travel on Regional and Domestic trains within France and Switzerland.
To Purchase the Pass click "Here".
Keep in mind that seat reservations would be mandatory for all High-Speed, Night, Scenic and Border Crossing trains. But, you will avail pass holder/discounted fares for these journeys with the pass.
In order to book seat reservations, please visit our website.
The pass seats can be reserved by clicking on “Seat Reservations” & feed in the Departure city and the Arrival city along with the travel date and preferred time & the number of passengers (Senior, adults, youth and children), and then click on “search tickets”. Once you do so, you would find the schedules along with the fares.
Please click on the “Fare Details” tab to view details regarding the type of fare, type of seat, whether a reservation is included or not and the After Sales Policy.
- You can travel from Paris to Zurich with the pass, however you will need to purchase seat reservation.
- You will receive discount on cable car with the pass, which you will need to check locally when purchasing the tickets.
- Lucerne to Interlaken is a Scenic train for which you will need seat reservation. The Route for Jungfrau is as below:
Interlaken – Grindelwald/ Lauterbrunnen – Jungfraujoch.
Interlaken – Grindelwald/ Lauterbrunnen : Free with the Pass
Grindelwald/ Lauterbrunnen– Jungfraujoch : Mountain Train/Cable Car ride, has to be booked locally. You will get a discount with the Pass.
- Within the pass validity you can travel in Switzerland from one city to another. A day in a pass starts at 12 a.m. to 23:59, within which you can travel as many journeys on the train. Scenic trains need seat reservation and Mountain trains and cable cars you will receive discounts. Regional Trains within Switzerland can be traveled free with the pass, however the journey will be counted in the day of the pass.
Hope this helps!!!
Amar, Rail Europe Travel Expert.
By posting a question, you agree to our terms and conditions. You agree not to post any User Generated Content which is: false, misleading, confidential, abusive, defamatory, obscene, invasive to another person's privacy and racially objectionable. Any infringement will result in the removal of your post.