photo

Rail Europe

Travel Expert

Statistics

Comments
Views

Tags

votes

I will be in lucern on 28th December by 12.00 Pm and till 0700 AM , 1st january. Which trainpass will be cheaper for me ? we are 4 family. is there t

I will be in lucern on 28th December by 12.00 Pm and till 0700 AM , 1st January from Zurich. Which trainpass will be cheaper for me ? we are 4 family. is there two day or three day unlimited train pass available ?

also I would like to see the things in swiss, with out going with a travel agent. to save money. please advice

Official Answer
photo Travel Expert
Rail Europe Posted 3 years ago

Hello Haksar,

Thanks for the question.

May I know the cities in Switzerland you wish to travel to so that I can assist you better.

Awaiting your reply!!!

Best Regards,

Leora, Rail Europe Travel Expert.

Add Comment

Comments (2)

photo

We three family decided to bisit Switzerland for four days. We need your advice on following.

1. Will reach at Lucern station from Paris on 28th Dec around 1pm.

2. Mt titlis want to visit next day. I.e on 29th. Need to use the cable car and snow activities ( if you could suggest some link to purchase the online ticket it would be very kind of you )

3. Will go to zurich n morning and site seeing.

4. Want to see the highest rly stn in the europe ( Mt Jungfraugh.)( if you could suggest some link to purchase the online ticket it would be very kind of you )

5. On 2st January return to India from zurich airport.

Plz advice that is it ok to take 4 day rail pass for 3 families ? Each family consists of 2 kids. Whats the cost of 4 day pass with these excursions mentioned above ?

also how about panoramic train? how to book it if we go for a family pass ?

photo Travel Expert

Hello Haksar,

Thanks for your reply.

It is best to purchase Swiss Travel Pass for your travel.

To purchase the Pass click "Here".

With a Swiss Travel Pass you will avail passholder fares from Paris to Zurich only on direct TGV Lyria train for which you will have to purchase seat reservations. You can travel from Zurich to Lucerne with your Swiss Travel Pass.

Children below 16 years are free if accompanied by at least one parent having a Swiss Pass. We issue a Swiss family card for children.

With a Swiss Travel Pass you can travel free within Switzerland on the STS (Swiss Travel System) network on trains, buses and boats. Also with a Swiss Pass you would get discounts on mountain excursions within Switzerland. These discounts can only be availed locally by showing your Swiss Pass to the ticketing office in Switzerland.

With a Swiss Travel Pass you can travel free on intercity trains within Switzerland. You will require compulsory seat reservations on Scenic trains.

As you wish to travel on Golden Pass Line train, you will have to break and book seat reservations as follows:

Montreux > Zweisimmen > Interlaken > Lucerne

The route to Jungfraujoch is as follows:

Interlaken – Grindelwald/ Lauterbrunnen – Jungfraujoch.

Interlaken – Grindelwald/ Lauterbrunnen : Free with the Swiss Pass

Grindelwald/ Lauterbrunnen– Jungfraujoch : Mountain Train/Cable Car ride, has to be booked locally. You will get a discount with the Swiss Travel Pass.

The route to Mount Titlis is as follows:

Lucerne – Engelberg – Titlis

Lucerne – Engelberg : Free with the Swiss Pass.

Engelberg to Mt Titlis – cable car ride, will take around 9 minutes. You will have to book this sector locally. With a Swiss Pass you will get discounts on mountain excursions.

As fares are dynamic and subject to change, we unfortunately, cannot give fare quotations. All available fares are displayed on our website. It would be best if you check directly on our website.

In order to book seat reservations, please visit our website.

The pass seats can be reserved by clicking on “Seat Reservations” & feed in the Departure city and the Arrival city along with the travel date and preferred time & the number of passengers (Senior, adults, youth and children), and then click on “search tickets”. Once you do so, you would find the schedules along with the fares.

Please click on the “Fare Details” tab to view details regarding the type of fare, type of seat, whether a reservation is included or not and the After Sales Policy.

Hope this helps!!!

Best Regards,

Leora, Rail Europe Travel Expert.

Leave comment

photo

Attach files...

The file must be a jpg, gif, png, bmp, ico, pdf, doc, rtf, txt, zip or rar no more than 8M

By posting a question, you agree to our terms and conditions. You agree not to post any User Generated Content which is: false, misleading, confidential, abusive, defamatory, obscene, invasive to another person's privacy and racially objectionable. Any infringement will result in the removal of your post.