votes

2 traveling from southampton to rome june 10, 2015. what is the quickest easiest way to get there?

I will be arriving on the QM2 into Southampton June 10,2015 and need to make my way to rome. I would like to get one of those italian rail passes as I will be spending a week or two traveling around but I have no schedual. thank you for your time in this matter

Official Answer
photo Travel Expert
Rail Europe Posted 4 years ago

Hello Carl,

Thanks for your question.

Your travel sectors can be booked only 2 and 3 months in advance. Hence I would not be able to comment on the train schedules as off now. Request you to try booking closer to your departure date.

Your travel as of today will be as follows –

Southampton to London – Other train

London to Paris Eurostar Train

Paris to Milan TGV Train

Milan to RomeItalo Train or Frecciarossa Train

As you will be traveling extensively in Italy, I suggest you buy Italy Pass.

With a Pass you can avail of unlimited travel on the national rail networks of the countries covered by your pass.

Reservations are mandatory on high-speed trains, night trains, scenic trains and border crossing trains.

With a Pass the seat reservations will be offered at discounted fares (Pass holder fares).

Hope this helps!!!

Isha, Rail Europe Travel Expert.

Leave comment

photo

Attach files...

The file must be a jpg, gif, png, bmp, ico, pdf, doc, rtf, txt, zip or rar no more than 8M

By posting a question, you agree to our terms and conditions. You agree not to post any User Generated Content which is: false, misleading, confidential, abusive, defamatory, obscene, invasive to another person's privacy and racially objectionable. Any infringement will result in the removal of your post.